Best 8 Date Nights in Bangkok
Bangkok is for lovers. It’s got a fun, lively vibe and romantic overtone. Want to get out with that special someone? Here’s our recommendations after traveling there for five weeks.
1. Grab a tuk tuk, anywhere! Don’t know what a tuk tuk is? Check our video. Riding in a tuk tuk is not only a must in Bangkok, but truly is an experience in itself. A little bit of danger, excitement, fun, culture all wrapped into one :)
2. Night Markets. This was pretty much all of our dates in Bangkok because we love them so much. The best street food, shopping, locals, socializing... what’s not to love? Check out our Must Have Foods in Bangkok for what to try the you get there. Also see our video on our four favorite night markets here. Our favorite night markets: Asiatique, Ratchada Train Weekend Market and Chinatown.
3. Cooking classes. It’s uber romantic to learn to cook together. It’s another sensual, hand-on activity that’s sure to bring you closer together. Bangkok is full of cooking class options. We did a class with House of Taste Thai Cooking School. I also know Blue Elephant is highly rated and popular, although a bit more expensive. Learn to make the This classics: Pad Thai, Papaya Salad and Mango Sticky Rice.
4. Hit a rooftop bar. Even if you aren’t alcohol drinkers (like us), these are worth a visit. Have some Coke and appetizers instead and soak in that incredible view. Tip: miss the crowds at some of the more popular ones and hit Hotel Muse. I learned this from a local and it has all the views without all the sardine-style packed-in tourists.
5. Shopping. Shopping is SERIOUS in Bangkok. From night markets, weekend markets, day market and some of the more glorious malls we’ve ever seen, shopping is a major pastime in Bangkok. You can have tons of fun just window shopping. Be sure to visit these malls: MBK, Siam Paragon and IconSiam.
6. Grab a massage. Foot and body massages are plentiful in Thailand and wonderful to experience. You’ll pay a fraction of the cost, so grab a couple services at once and make it a spa date.
7. Search for lizards at Lamphini Park. Be sure to get there before dark to spot them. Stroll around the walking paths, grab an ice cream treat or people-watch.
8. Bowling and karaoke. We managed to snag a private bowling room with karaoke during our stay, so if that’s your thing, head out!
Check out our list for the best things to do with kids since many of those can apply to couple-time too. Get out there and date and enjoy Bangkok! So far, it’s my favorite city in the world.
All the best,